At Tang Law, our criminal lawyers are experienced in dealing with a variety of cases, including traffic charges such as driving under influences (DUI), reckless driving, speeding and etc. Our highly qualified team of experienced criminal defense lawyers provide legal representation and advice in all courts around Perth and throughout regional Western Australia.
Achieving the best possible results for our clients is a responsibility we take very seriously. Everything we have achieved is a direct outcome of our smart, strategic and customized approach to every case.
An extraordinary driver’s license is granted at the discretion of the court. It allows someone who has been disqualified from driving by the court to drive in certain circumstances.
An application for an order for an extraordinary license cannot be made while subject to:
- An immediate disqualification notice for an alcohol offence.
- A disqualification period related to service of a demerit point notice.
- A license suspension order imposed by the Department of Justice’s Fines Enforcement Registry.
- A disqualification period imposed by a Court in another state or territory.
- The CEO refusing to grant, cancelling or suspending your driver’s license, unless you are subject to another eligible disqualification.
An effective and experience traffic lawyer will:
- Always, fully examine your situation (including all material facts giving rise to and circumstances surrounding the charge;
- Determine the likely and realistic consequences the charge will have on you;
- Understand your personal circumstance and provide you with effective options on defending you or mitigating your situation;
- Undertake effective communication and negotiation with Police Prosecution;
- Obtain useful character references; and
- All importantly, professional and effective representation in court to defend you and present your best possible case