When buying a franchise, you commit to enter into a franchise agreement by which you are legally bound by the terms set out in the agreement. Therefore, it is essential at the outset that you understand your franchise rights and obligations before signing the agreement.
Tang law can provide you with the following services:
- Reviewing the franchise agreement, the disclosure document and related franchise documentation
- Performing business due diligence
- Advising on risk appraisal and risk management strategy
- Negotiating with the franchisor regarding the terms of the franchise agreement and/or any other related document
- Reviewing the lease agreement or licence to occupy the premises.
- Reviewing supply agreements
- Advising on the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Performing all license transfers and registrations to comply with local council’s requirements
- Preparing and performing the franchise purchase settlement