Get in-depth legal advice on your migration law concerns
Australian Immigration Law is highly complex and yet delicate in that a minor mistake or mere oversight can lead to your case being unsuccessful. At Tang Law, our migration lawyers and registered migration consultants deal exclusively in Australian Migration Law. Our Migration Law Practice covers:
Application for Australian Visas
We have the qualifications and experience to advise you about your best options of migrating or working in Australia. The visa categories that we cover include:
- Business Talent Visa (subclass 132) – Allows you to establish and develop an existing business in Australia
- Business Innovation and Investment Visa (subclasses 188 & 888) – Allows you to conduct business and investment activity in Australia.
- Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (subclass 186) – Allows skilled workers to work in Australia and gain permanent residence visa.
- Skilled Independent and Skilled Nominated Visa (subclasses 189 & 190) – Allows points-tested skilled workers (both independent and sponsored/nominated) to work and live in Australia as a permanent resident.
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (subclass 187) – Allows you to work in regional Australia and gain permanent residence visa.
- Partner Visa (subclasses 820 & 801) – Allows the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia.
Visa Cancellation and Refusal
It is very likely that there are strict conditions attached to your visa. It is your obligations to comply with these conditions. If you receive any notice or enquiry from the Department of Immigration or authority relating to your visa, you need to act immediately. With our experience in Australian Migration Law, we can provide you effective legal guidance and improve the chance of your appeal.
A person who has been sentenced to imprisonment of 12 months or more (even if it is at any time in the past) will fail the character test as required by the Migration Act of 1958. This means deportations and cancellations of visas are now automatic, as it is mandatory, and moreover without notice. If your visa was cancelled as a result of your criminal conviction, you will have an opportunity to request for revocation of the cancellation decision. However, you must do so within 28 days. If you are not sure what to do, immediately consult Tang Law and we will assign an immigration lawyer to handle your case as soon as possible.
Migration Compliance and Support
The legal system and business culture of every country is different, let alone the potential language differences. We fully understand that new migrants may feel lost and vulnerable on first arrival to Australia. Tang Law has helped many new business migrants with migration compliance issues, liaising with the relevant authorities (particularly Department of Immigration and State Agency), and protecting their business and investment interests. Our team members and experience lawyers are truly multi-lingual and we are fluent (both written and spoken) in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
We also assist in the following areas:
- Application for Australian Citizenship
- Migration Compliance and Application Support Services
- Application for Visa Extension
- Appeals and Reviews of decision relating to Australian Citizenship Refusal
- Application for Good Character Test
We can assist your with your Migration Law concerns
At Tang Law, our experienced migration lawyers and registered migration consultants deal exclusively in Australian Migration Law. We are registered with the Office of Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) and adhere to the Code of Conduct for registered migration agents as set out in legislation to regulate the conduct of registered migration agents. We are also a member of Migration Alliance Australia, a not-for-profit representative body that promotes the fair practise of Migration Law.
Our Practice also includes:
Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution
We have successfully handled more than 4500 legal cases since 2002. When legal actions are necessary, our civil lawyers utilise their legal skills and wealth of experience in representing our clients in the relevant courts.
Tang Law has handled more than 557 Family Law related matters since 2002. We cover a wide range of family law matters including pre-nuptial agreements, separation and divorce matters, child custody and support, and family violence restraining orders and safety.
We have been providing legal advice and representation to clients regarding their businesses and other commercial law concerns since 2002. Our commercial law practice covers purchase and sale of a business, licensing and franchising agreements, formation and dissolution of partnerships and corporations, and business contracts and general legal advice.