There is only one way to treat people – with honour and respect.
- BARRISTER & SOLICITOR, the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- BARRISTER & SOLICITOR, the High Court and federal courts of Australia
- MASTER OF LAWS (LLM), University of Western Australia
- BACHELOR OF LAWS (LLB), University of Western Australia
- BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (BCOM) in Accounting & Finance, University of Western Australia
Kelvin is a Registered Migration Agent. His Migration Law experience includes:
- Appeal to the Federal Court of Australia, Administrative Appeals Tribunal and Migration Review Tribunal
- Visa Cancellation
- Visa Refusal
- Criminal Deportation
- Detention matters
- Advice and assist new migrants in:
- First entry reporting to State agency and registration with relevant authorities
- submissions and personal attendance with State agency
- Review and advice on investment, transaction and legal structures to ensure compliance with the relevant migration regulations associated with the relevant visa
- Ensuring that the “Eligible Business” continues to comply with conditions and requirements under the agreement with the State and the Commonwealth Migration Regulations
- Prepare and complete lodgement of 24 Months Survey for subclass 132 visa holders
- Advice and assist local businesses in:
- Becoming an “Eligible Business” within the definition of the Migration Regulations and assist the migrant (investor of the business) with satisfying migration requirements
- Applying to become sponsor skilled employee under a 457/186/187 visa
Language and culture differences are most common barriers for new migrants in becoming involved in a business or investment in Australia. One of my roles is to reduce these barriers.
In Civil Litigation, Kelvin’s focused areas include:
- Misleading or Deceptive Contract and Misrepresentation matters
- Corporate fraud and breach of duties by officers
- Shareholders and partnership disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Franchise disputes
- Lease disputes
Legal proceedings involve highly complex processes. Exercising the right legal option at the right time can give you strategical advantage. Timing, Control and Preparation are the keys to your success in litigation.
Kelvin’s extensive experience includes:
- Strategic advice and formation of legal structures – Sole proprietor, partnership, company, trust and joint venture.
- Strategic advice on Commercial Transactions – Investment structure, Property Development Projects, Foreign Investment and FIRB issues, Joint ventures and partnerships, Intellectual Property related issues such as registration of trade market, logo, copyright, patent, and Licensing rights, Restraint of Trade issues, Confidentiality Agreements, etc.
- Acquisition of business and company – Sale and Purchase of Business, Sale and Purchase of Shares, Sale and Purchase of Plant and Equipment, Sale and Transfer of Intellectual Property, Sale and Purchase of Farms, Winery and other Real Properties, etc.
- Corporate Law – Advise relating to company constitution, Advice and implement procedural matters such as issue of notices, holding of company and members’ meetings, etc., Creation and allotment of new classes of shares, Transfer and Issue of Shares, Advise on Corporate Governance issues including rights and obligations of corporate management, shareholders and officers, appointment and removal of officers, exercising shareholder’s rights, Complying with Disclosure Requirement for purpose of capital raising, etc.
- Property Law – Property Development, Strata Law, Retail Shop Lease, Commercial Lease, Farm Lease, etc.
- Franchising Law – establishing new franchise structures, compliance with franchising code, advice on franchising related documents such as franchise agreement, etc.
- Property Development – Act for and represent property developer with securing project land, advice on capital raising, shareholders agreement, joint venture agreement, off-the-plan sale contracts, strata by-laws, due diligence on marketing and promotional materials, through to completing settlement.
- Investment for Migration Purposes – Act for new migrants and advice on their proposed investment into “eligible business” or “eligible investment” and compliance with migration regulations, Advice local businesses seeking investment from migrants by complying with the relevant migration regulations.
There is no point entering into a commercial venture unless you are certain that your commercial interests are protected and ultimate goals can be achieved. This depends heavily on your ability to strategically structure your venture vehicles and your transactions.